Course on Seed Physiology and Technology, Wageningen, 2014
Breedwise BV organises an International Course on Seed Physiology and Technology in Wageningen, 2014.
After many successful courses on this topic in Dutch, this course has now been offered in English twice as an intensive, international course. The courses in 2010 and 2012 have been received with enthousiasm by the participants and teachers.
The course presents the scientific background for seed production, seed quality control and seed treatments. It also provides an overview of the latest new developments in seed research and seed handling.
The course is developed for employees of seed companies, seed technology companies, plant nurseries and related institutions, who are involved in seed production, seed quality, seed treatments and seed research. The minimum requirement for education is a BSc. degree in a related science such as Agronomy, Horticulture or Biology.
Lectures and demonstrations are given by researchers from Wageningen University & Research Centre, Plant Research International, University of California Davis, Naktuinbouw and several seed technology companies
- Seed Biology and Physiology: Flowering, fertilisation and embryogenesis, seed development and maturation, germination, dormancy and genetics of seed quality
- Seed production and certification
- Seed health, pathogen detection and phytosanitation
- Seed vigor and viability
- Seed storage and longevity
- Seed biotechnology
- Seed quality and its control
- Seed treatments: Enhancement-priming, advanced sorting methods, drying methods, advanced seed treatment technologies
- Excursion to young plant nursery and Naktuinbouw
Location:in Wageningen, the Netherlands
Fee: € 3500, including all meals, all teaching material, excursions, excluding lodging
Participants: maximum of 25
Information If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Register here for Course on Seed Physiology